Hello Registered Dietitians! Please read on for an information update from your Regulatory Body.
Membership Renewal – all members please read thoroughly:
• Please be advised the renewal section of our website is under construction and members cannot renew online at this time. We are working at getting this repaired and will send notice when it is fixed!
• Dietitians are encouraged to renew by March 15th to provide enough processing time, though the deadline is March 31st
• Dietitians who do not renew by 12pm on March 31st will have their license suspended immediately. To be reinstated a late penalty fee equal to full year registration fee of $306 (renew after March 31st = $612 owing to NBAD)
• Due to NBAD budgeting and financial processes, the Board of Directors moved to accept a policy to implement a defined renewal period from February 15 to March 31 and is effective April 1st, 2016. Please note this precludes payroll deduction programs. Though it is each member’s responsibility to give notice to their payroll department, notification has been given to both Horizon and VitaliteNB.
Getting to Know Your NBAD Board
This is a regular feature of the NBAD Update to help members get to know the Board of Directors. This month, we would like to introduce Jensen Thomas, Past-president on the New Brunswick Association of Dietitians Board of Directors.
Jensen graduated from St Francis Xavier University in 2007 with a BSc in Human Nutrition. From there, she moved to London Ontario and then onto Edmonton Alberta where she completed her Internship with Alberta Health Services in 2009. Jensen started her career with Nestlé Health Science as a Territory Manager in Edmonton directly after completing her internship. In 2011 Jensen returned home to Fredericton with her husband where she worked for Horizon Health in various Community Health Centres as well as the Cardiac Rehab Program and Take H.E.A.R.T.. In 2012 she resumed a position with Nestlé Health Science as a Territory Manager, covering New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Central and Western Newfoundland. Currently, Jensen is on maternity leave with her daughter Danielle.
Besides dietetics, Jensen has a passion for the sport of triathlon. After completing an Ironman in 2011 her summer calendars are filled with races across Canada and the US. If she is not racing she can always be found volunteering or cheering on fellow athletes. Jensen also sits on the Board of Directors of the local Fredericton triathlon club as the Vice President.
Great job on the extensive continuing education activities to stay current in your current scope of dietetic practice
• Please look for a survey on the CCP program in the spring / summer and help us make improvements
• Interested in getting involved with NBAD? The QA committee is seeking new members! Members benefit by volunteering on this committee.
Planning is underway for the Annual General Meeting!
• A huge thank you for helping us in planning the AGM by responding to the recent survey
• Stay tuned for more information form the NBAD office as the location, educational component, agenda items are determined!
Welcome to NBAD….
Laura Morrison, Veronique Thibault and Elise Sanderson
Congratulations to members who have recently attained Active registration status after having passed the Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination in November:
Karine Soucy, Jenna Traboulsee, Christine Metcalf, Lora Lewis, Veronique Guitard, Charlene Melanson, Genevieve Daigle, Carmen Breau, Gabrielle Robichaud,
Private Practice listing is on the website:
We are pleased to announce a listing of Private Practice Dietitians on our website – please check it out and tell us what you think! If you are a Dietitian who is in private practice but have not submitted your contact information, please contact the NBAD office.
What is new from NBAD committees?
Legislation: This committee is making progress while meeting regularly; planning is underway for a provincial forum to gain feedback on components of the Act, regulations and By-Laws
Registration: This committee has been dealing with several issues one of which is a framework for assessing internationally trained dietitians and is due to meet again, very soon
Discipline: This is a small committee but work is underway to look at best practices across the country for receiving and processing complaints and will be revising our policies accordingly
Quality Assurance: This committee is looking for new members at this time, please email the NBAD office if you may interested in getting involved and get more information