Each registration year, to ensure members are compliant with the Continuing Competence Program (CCP), 20% of Active and Temporary members shall be selected randomly for audit of their competence program.
Please review carefully the audit process summary as per NBAD Policy 8.1.1:
- Members selected for the audit will be notified on April 1 by email that their CCP portfolio will be audited.
- Members are required to submit their CCP portfolio by May 1. The submission must include the required documents for the CCP of the year being audited.
- The Quality Assurance Committee will review the CCP submissions in accordance to Policy 8.1.2 and the Registrar will report back to the members by May 31.
- When the Quality Assurance Committee requests the member to revise their submission or add documentation; the member will complete the request within two weeks of being notified.
- The audited members will be provided with on-going mentorship from a designated member of the Quality Assurance Committee to help them through this process as needed.
- The audit process will be completed by July 1 except in cases where the member is referred to the Registrar for nonparticipation or granted extensions.
Retention of Supporting Documentation
NBAD may request to review a member’s supporting documentation at any time. Members must keep these documents for a minimum of five years and are responsible for the retention of their documentation.