Canadian trained applicants who are graduates of a Canadian university and internship programs accredited by EQual may apply for registration with the NBAD using the application process outlined. Qualified applicants will obtain a Temporary Membership while waiting to write the Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination.
The EQual program, which is under Accreditation Canada, accredits the dietetic education programs in Canada. The current Partnership for Dietetic Education and Practice (PDEP) accreditation awards will continue to be recognized by Canadian dietetic regulatory bodies as approved programs for the purposes of registration through to February 15th, 2024. Programs that have not transitioned to the new accreditation service provider will be considered non-approved and graduates from these programs will apply as an Unaccredited Canadian Trained Applicant and be assessed through the NBAD’s Competency Assessment process for Substantial equivalence.
- Complete the online application form.
- Ensure the following requested documents are sent to the NBAD:
- Official transcript(s) from the university that granted your degree(s) in human nutrition: Please ensure paper transcripts are sent directly to the NBAD. If your university does not offer a paper copy, please provide access to the secure platform for NBAD to download your transcripts by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Official letter from a Canadian accredited internship/practicum program verifying your completion: Please ensure a paper copy of the letter is mailed directly from the institution to the NBAD.
- Criminal record check (current within one year): Either through the RCMP or city Police Station (mail original copy to NBAD office), CSI Background Screening through the econsent option, or through My Back Check.
- Front and back copy of your government-issued ID: A copy may be scanned and the document uploaded with your online application form.
- Complete the Canadian Dietetic Registration Exam (CDRE) online application form
- Pay all applicable application fees: Once your online application is submitted and the NBAD has received all required documents, you will receive an email with access to our online platform. You will log in with the credentials provided and pay your fees with a credit card through this online platform.
Please note: Your application is not complete until all these items are provided to the NBAD, and your application fee payment is submitted.
If you completed your education and/or dietetic internship/practicum more than three years ago prior to applying, your application will be assessed by the NBAD prior to processing. Additional fees will be required for this process and further information will be sent once we receive your registration form.
Application Timeline and Fees
Applications are processed within 5 to 10 business days.
- Administration Fee – $100
- Active and Temporary Registration Annual Fee: April 1, 2023 – March 31, 2024 – $452
- Half-Year Registration Fee for membership from October 1, 2023 to March 31, 2024 (Active and Temporary Registration) – $226
Pay your fees: Once your online application is submitted and the NBAD has received all required documents, you will receive an email with access to our online platform. You will log in with the credentials provided and pay your fees with a credit card through this online platform.
Your application is not complete until payment is made. All fees paid to the NBAD are nonrefundable.
Apply for Registration – Canadian Trained Applicant
Please complete the following form to submit your online application for registration. After completing the online application, ensure the required documents are sent to the NBAD and pay all applicable application fees. Your application will not be finalized until all documents are received and payment is made.
Contact us at email@example.com or (506) 386-5903. If required, please contact us via phone or email to arrange a meeting.