The Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination (CDRE) is a national examination developed and administered by the Alliance of Canadian Regulatory Bodies (Alliance). The CDRE is a requirement for registration in all provinces except Quebec.
The CDRE is not an exit exam from an internship or practical training program. It is designed to confirm competence to practice dietetics. This means that your practice-based knowledge and your ability to employ critical thinking by analyzing, interpreting and applying knowledge are at the level of minimal competence and that you are safe to practice.
- The exam is administered twice a year: November and May
- The next available sitting of the exam is November 2017 – Exam will be administered on a day between November 27th and December 2nd, 2017. Location to be determined.
Registration Deadline and Fees
- Registration deadline (fees and documentations must be received) for the next available exam sitting: Friday, November 3rd, 2017
- CDRE fees: $525.00
- A candidate must be an NBAD Temporary Member in order to write the CDRE. For more information on registration, click here.
CDRE Application Form
- Please complete the CDRE Application Form if you are an eligible candidate.
Preparation Tools for the CDRE
Appropriate link for the Annexe C in the Preparation Guide (error on Guide, please use following link):
Appropriate links for the Annexe D in the Preparation Guide (error on Guide, please use following link):
- Integrated Competencies for Dietetic Education and Practice (ICDEP)
- Les compétences intégrées pour l’enseignement et la pratique de la diététique (CIEPD)