The Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination (CDRE) is a national examination developed and administered by the Alliance of Canadian Dietetic Regulatory Bodies (Alliance). The CDRE is a requirement for registration in all provinces except Quebec.
The CDRE is not an exit exam from an internship or practical training program. It is designed to confirm competence to practice dietetics. This means that your practice-based knowledge and your ability to employ critical thinking by analyzing, interpreting and applying knowledge are at the level of minimal competence and that you are safe to practice.
Number of Attempts of CDRE
Please be advised that normally, a candidate must successfully complete the examination within four years or being eligible to write the examination. The candidate may attempt the exam no more than three times. Mandatory upgrading is required after the second failure.
Exam Dates and Testing Sites
- The exam is administered twice a year: November and May
- The next available sitting of the exam will be in November 2020 (dates to be determined).
- Click here to find a list of testing sites. Please be advised that this list is subject to change.
Registration Deadline and Fees
- Registration deadline for accommodation requests for the next available exam sitting: September 18, 2020
- Registration deadline for the next available exam sitting: October 30, 2020
- CDRE fees: $525.00
- The exam online registration starts August 25, 2020; therefore, as soon as your registration request and payment are sent in and processed, you will be able to reserve your seat at the exam.
- A candidate must be an NBAD Temporary Member in order to write the CDRE. For more information on registration, click here.
CDRE Application Form
- Please complete the CDRE Application Form if you are an eligible candidate.
Preparation Tools for the CDRE