We will keep you informed with COVID-19.
Consult with your employer for organizational protocol regarding the virus and refer to the resources and links below for the most updated information:
Guidelines related to COVID-19:
– Guidelines on Providing Group Sessions During COVID-19 (July 31, 2020)
– Guidelines on Providing In-Person Service During COVID-19 (May 13, 2020)
– Virtual and Electronic Communications During the Pandemic (March 26, 2020)
– Cross Border Dietetic Practice Position Statement (July 8, 2019)
Important NBAD Messages to Membership:
– Zoom for Healthcare Now Available for Practicing Members (sent on April 20, 2020)
– Zoom for Healthcare PowerPoint Presentation (sent on April 20, 2020)
– Renewal and Installment Payment Instructions (sent on April 8, 2020)
– Installment Payment Option Form (sent on April 8, 2020)
– Instructions for Online Installment Payment Option (sent on April 8, 2020)
– Dietetic Services, CDRE and COVID-19 (sent March 26, 2020)
– Renewal Deadline and Fees – State of Emergency (sent March 19, 2020 at 10 pm)
– NB Declaration of a State of Emergency and Mandatory Order (revised March 25, 2020)
– NBAD Response to COVID-19 Pandemic (sent March 19, 2020 at 1 pm)
– Message to Allied Health Professionals from Dr. Jennifer Russell, BA, BSc, MD, CCFP, Chief Medical Officer of Health
Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination (CDRE):
In light of current events related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the May 11-16, 2020 sitting of the CDRE is cancelled. Candidates registered for this exam sitting will receive further instructions from the NBAD Registrar within the next few weeks. See statement release from the Alliance of Canadian Dietetic Regulatory Bodies.
Government of Canada:
– Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): For Health Professionals
NB Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health (OCMOH):
– Coronavirus information and resources
– OCMOH webpage for Health and Allied Health Professionals
– OCMOH Frequently Asked Questions
Resources for Dietitians during COVID-19
Here is a list of resources to support you professionally and personally. We will continue to update as more resources become available on the COVID-19 webpage.
- Service Canada: Although Service Canada Centres are closed to the public due to COVID-19, you can still get the Service Canada benefits and services you need online or by telephone. Consult these resources for your business and personal needs: Service Canada Email to Members and Service Canada Here to Help pamphlet
- MindWell: The MindWell document describes and provides internet links to MindWell, a suite of web based psychoeducation and skill based tools designed to help individuals manage emotions and improve well-being, now available on the Government of New Brunswick Website.
- Free Telepsychology Services: The Canadian Psychological Association is offering free telepsychology services for Canadian frontline health workers, including those in New Brunswick. Click here for the telepsychology services.
- Dietitians of Canada: Letter from Jackie Spiers, DC Atlantic Executive Director outlining DC Resources during COVID-19 (free PEN, Covid-19 Facebook page, membership renewal, etc.) and COVID-19 Actions and Resources for Dietitians (for DC Members only)
- Education Opportunities Related to Nutrition Care and Food Service:
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetic webinars related to COVID-19
- Dr. Paul Wischmeyer, MD, FASPEN, FCCM answers questions from dietitians and hospital care providers from around U.S. and world. From COVID-19 Critical Care Nutrition Facebook Group Live Event. The same speaker participated in a podcast sponsored by Abbott.
- The Canadian Nutrition Society has created a list of webinars and resources.
- The Canadian Society of Nutrition Management and Dietitians of Canada, Providing Safe Meal Service in Residential Care during COVID-19 webinar.
- ASPEN guidelines on Nutrition Therapy in the Patient with COVID-19 Disease Requiring ICU Care
- ASPEN resources for Clinicians Caring for Patients with Coronavirus