NBAD Updates – June 26, 2020
White Rapids Manor, a 40-bed nursing home in Fredericton Junction, is seeking a Dietitian for a one day a week position. Send resume to Kathy Jenkins, Administrator, White Rapids Manor, email@example.com by July 6, 2020. See job posting here.
NBAD AGM and Annual Report
The NBAD Annual General Meeting held its first complete virtual annual meeting on May 22, 2020. We had 41 members attend the meeting. It would be greatly appreciated if attendees could provide their feedback by completing this short survey.
Motions presented at the 2020 AGM were all approved by members who voted by proxy. AGM Minutes can be viewed here.
The NBAD Annual Report is now available. Members can also consult the Bringloe Feeney Review Engagement Report of the NBAD finances ending March 31, 2020.
Resources for Dietitians during COVID-19
Here is a list of resources to support you professionally and personally. We will continue to update as more resources become available on the COVID-19 webpage.
- Service Canada: Although Service Canada Centres are closed to the public due to COVID-19, you can still get the Service Canada benefits and services you need online or by telephone. Consult these resources for your business and personal needs: Service Canada Email to Members and Service Canada Here to Help pamphlet
- MindWell: The MindWell document describes and provides internet links to MindWell, a suite of web based psychoeducation and skill based tools designed to help individuals manage emotions and improve well-being, now available on the Government of New Brunswick Website.
- Free Telepsychology Services: The Canadian Psychological Association is offering free telepsychology services for Canadian frontline health workers, including those in New Brunswick. Click here for the telepsychology services.
- Dietitians of Canada: Letter from Jackie Spiers, DC Atlantic Executive Director outlining DC Resources during COVID-19 (free PEN, Covid-19 Facebook page, membership renewal, etc.) and COVID-19 Actions and Resources for Dietitians (for DC Members only)
- Education Opportunities Related to Nutrition Care and Food Service:
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetic webinars related to COVID-19
- Dr. Paul Wischmeyer, MD, FASPEN, FCCM answers questions from dietitians and hospital care providers from around U.S. and world. From COVID-19 Critical Care Nutrition Facebook Group Live Event. The same speaker participated in a podcast sponsored by Abbott.
- The Canadian Malnutrition Task Force has created a COVID-19 Support Webinars and Resources List.
- The Canadian Society of Nutrition Management and Dietitians of Canada, Providing Safe Meal Service in Residential Care during COVID-19 webinar.
- ASPEN guidelines on Nutrition Therapy in the Patient with COVID-19 Disease Requiring ICU Care
- ASPEN resources for Clinicians Caring for Patients with Coronavirus