NBAD Updates – February 20, 2020
Registration Committee Recruitment
The Registration Committee is recruiting 1-2 members starting May 1, 2020. Ideally looking for members working in community/Public Health or management sectors.
For more information on the Registration Committee, click here. If you are interested in joining the Registration Committee, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 15, 2020.
Quality Assurance Committee Recruitment
The Quality Assurance Committee is recruiting 1-2 francophone or bilingual members starting May 1, 2020 as the committee is short of members capable of helping with the French Continuing Competence Program portfolios during the audit.
For more information on the Quality Assurance Committee, click here. If you are interested in joining the Quality Assurance Committee, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2020.
Board of Directors – Position Update
Three members of the Board of Directors (Member at Large, Treasurer and Secretary) have decided to continue for a second mandate; therefore, there are no upcoming vacancies on the Board of Directors. During the election process at the Annual General Meeting on May 22, 2020, in accordance with Policy 3.1.2, a member of the Board will ask for nominations from the floor. If there are no names brought forward, they will be elected by acclamation.
As per By-Law VIII Board of Directors:
3.1 The non-appointed members of the Board shall be elected by the general membership at the Annual Meeting for a term of two (2) years.
3.2 Automatic succession shall occur from the President-Elect to President to Past President.
3.3 No elected member of the Board shall serve more than two (2) consecutive terms in any one office.
Board of Directors and Mandate Terms starting May 2020
Jaclyn Murgatroyd, President: second year as President, will continue for 2 years as Past-President
Janie St-Onge, President-Elect: second year as President-Elect, will continue for 2 years as President and then 2 years as Past-President
Véronique Ferguson, Past-President: second year as Past-President
Christine Roherty, Member at Large: second year of 1st term
Leah Cain, Member at Large: first year of 2nd term
Vanessa Martel, Treasurer: first year of 2nd term
Christine Lanteigne, Secretary: first year of 2nd term
Monica Lavoie, Lay Representative: second year of 1st term
White Rapids Manor, a 40-bed nursing home in Fredericton Junction, is seeking a Dietitian for a one day a week position. Send resume to Kathy Jenkins, Administrator, White Rapids Manor, email@example.com by July 7, 2020. See job posting here.
NBAD AGM and Annual Report
The NBAD Annual General Meeting held its first complete virtual annual meeting on May 22, 2020. We had 41 members attend the meeting. It would be greatly appreciated if attendees could provide their feedback by completing this short survey.
Motions presented at the 2020 AGM were all approved by members who voted by proxy. AGM Minutes can be viewed here.
The NBAD Annual Report is now available. Members can also consult the Bringloe Feeney Review Engagement Report of the NBAD finances ending March 31, 2020.
Resources for Dietitians during COVID-19
Here is a list of resources to support you professionally and personally. We will continue to update as more resources become available on the COVID-19 webpage.
- Service Canada: Although Service Canada Centres are closed to the public due to COVID-19, you can still get the Service Canada benefits and services you need online or by telephone. Consult these resources for your business and personal needs: Service Canada Email to Members and Service Canada Here to Help pamphlet
- MindWell: The MindWell document describes and provides internet links to MindWell, a suite of web based psychoeducation and skill based tools designed to help individuals manage emotions and improve well-being, now available on the Government of New Brunswick Website.
- Free Telepsychology Services: The Canadian Psychological Association is offering free telepsychology services for Canadian frontline health workers, including those in New Brunswick. Click here for the telepsychology services.
- Dietitians of Canada: Letter from Jackie Spiers, DC Atlantic Executive Director outlining DC Resources during COVID-19 (free PEN, Covid-19 Facebook page, membership renewal, etc.) and COVID-19 Actions and Resources for Dietitians (for DC Members only)
- Education Opportunities Related to Nutrition Care and Food Service:
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetic webinars related to COVID-19
- Dr. Paul Wischmeyer, MD, FASPEN, FCCM answers questions from dietitians and hospital care providers from around U.S. and world. From COVID-19 Critical Care Nutrition Facebook Group Live Event. The same speaker participated in a podcast sponsored by Abbott.
- The Canadian Malnutrition Task Force has created a COVID-19 Support Webinars and Resources List.
- The Canadian Society of Nutrition Management and Dietitians of Canada, Providing Safe Meal Service in Residential Care during COVID-19 webinar.
- ASPEN guidelines on Nutrition Therapy in the Patient with COVID-19 Disease Requiring ICU Care
- ASPEN resources for Clinicians Caring for Patients with Coronavirus